Covid-19 Booking Guarantee and Precautions
We understand that you may be nervous about booking a break away this summer in such uncertain times. You maybe concerned about the risk involved in travelling or if lockdown continues or how this will effect your booking. We have put together the following information of the precautions we are taking and what will happen if you have to cancel your holiday.
Coronavirus Booking Guarantee – Book Risk Free
Strawberry Skys Yurts has been trading for over 13 years. As a small business it is important to us that our guests know that they can book with confidence even in the current uncertain times.
We have therefore made the following temporary changes to our booking terms for this years summer holiday, so you can book your post lockdown getaway risk free.
- Low Deposit – We have reduced the deposit payment required to 15%, so you pay less to secure your dates.
- Balance Payment – These are now due 10 days before your holiday instead of our standard 6 weeks, giving you more flexibility.
- Cancellations – If you need to cancel your holiday for ANY reason before your balance is due, or if we are unable to open you lose nothing. We will issue you with a Strawberry Skys gift voucher for the full amount of the deposit you paid which is valid for 18 months.
These terms currently only apply to holidays due to be taken before 4th September 2020 but we will review them regularly and may extend this.
Covid-19 – We’re Good To Go
We are proud to say we have acquired the “We’re Good To Go” certificate. This Industry Standard mark means that Strawberry Skys Yurts has followed the Government and Industry Covid-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and maintain social distancing.
Some changes we have already made are;
- Building additional shower and toilet facilities so that each yurt will have its own separate unit.
- Change to our arrival and departure times to allow for additional deep cleaning of the yurts and facilities.
- Contactless checkin with an online welcome pack.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of the shared kitchen area – In order to comply with current guideline our shared kitchen area is closed for the used of food preparation however guests may access their fridge in the kitchen
- Hand sanitizer stations have been set up around the site and cleaning kits will be supplied for guests to use.
- Mattress protectors will be supplied on each bed which will be laundered to government guidelines.
- A Risk Assessment and new cleaning procedures have been implemented which are both available on request.
We will continue to review these precautions and hope that they help to reassure you. If you do have any particular questions or concerns then please do contact us directly.